Monday 26 August 2013

Welcome!

Hello and welcome :)

I'm going to slowly enter the world of blogging, just so I can get to understand it all some more. I am blogging because I love to write, I love to help others and I desperately want to help spread awareness about Chronic Illnesses; in particular CRPS!

Why? Because no one seems to understand chronic illnesses and the way the affect you, the way you live and how there is so much still unknown in treatments and medications!! I want to silence the taboo's of: "its all in your head"; "you're just looking for attention; "you don't look sick"; "just tell yourself you're not sick" - and change people's perspectives about chronic illnesses. It's just not that simple!!!

I want to reach out to those who are affected by Chronic Illnesses, to share some laughs and funny stories, to share in times of tears and pain and to help sharing in the awareness of new hope. To share, educate and help others around us, including family and friends, as to the real side of the illnesses that try to take over our lives!

I suffer from a condition known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) also known as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) - and up until I was diagnosed, I had no idea what it was or what I was in for! No one can prepare for the pain or the changes in your life one must deal with, with something like CRPS. I will plan to blog my story one day, when I feel like, it's quite the lengthy story.

So I'll begin this blog and the journey of hopefully something bigger, better and greater - HOPE! I have this disease, but I also have the chance to help others, so this is my chance to start!!

Until the next post,

Kate x




No comments:

Post a Comment